A triple brand womens battle royale took place at todays SmackDown episode to determine the challenger for Bayley’s SmackDown Womens Title at SummerSlam. Also the Retribution wreaks havoc yet again both in ring and backstage. Mandy challenges Sonya to a Hair vs Hair match. Big E had a singles match against Johnn Morrison. Jeff Hardy challenges Styles for the IC Title and Braun Strowman comes back from the swamp with a completely different attitude.
WWE SmackDown 15 August 2020 Winners and Losers
1. Big E vs. John Morrison Singles Match
Winner– No Contest
Loser– No Contest
Just before the beginning of this match the lights begin to turn on and off after which Retribution appears and they gave a beating to both Big E and John Morrison. The Miz came down to the ring to check on his partner.
2. Triple Brand Battle Royale (Winner will get a chance to face Bayley for the SmackDown Womenns Title at SummerSlam 2020)
Winner – Asuka
Losers – Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Tegan Nox, Shotzi Blackheart, Lacey Evans, Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan, Naomi , Ruby Riott, Nikki Cross , Dana Brooke , Shayna Baaszler , Naomi and Tamina
Asuka and Shayna Baszler were the last two remaining competitors in the triple brand battle royale and Bayley tried to interfere as she tries pulling off Asuka off the apron but Asuka kicks her onto Banks. Shayna pushes Asuka off the aprol but her feet lands onn Banks and Bayley who were lying on floor outside the ring. Asuka throws Baszler over the top rope picking up the win. Asuka will now face Sasha Banks for RAW Womens Title and Bayley for SmackDown Womens title at SummerSlam.
3. Sheamuss vs. Shorty G Singles Match
Winner – Sheamus
Loser – Shorty G
In the beginning of thiss match, Sheamus hits the ten beats of the bodhran on Shorty G. Shorty G counters and hits Sheamus with a dropkick to the knee. Shorty G lands a few stiff crossfaces. Sheamus responds with a lariat. Irish curse backbreaker by Sheamus. Shorty G lands a koppo kick. Missile dropkick by Shorty G. Sheamus kicks out. Shorty G locks Sheamus in the ankle lock. Sheamus escapes and hits a Brogue Kick picking up the win.
4. Shinsuke Nakamura w/ Cesaro vs.Gran Metalik w/Lince Dorado Singles Match
Winner – Gran Metalik
Loser – Shinsuke Nakamura
Gran Metalik hits Shinsuke Nakamura with a Springboard back elbow but but Nakamura kicks out. Cesaro distracts Gran Metalik. Metalik dives off the top but Nakamura kicks Metalik in the face. Kalisto comes to ringside. In the confusion, Kalisto DDTs Cesaro outside the ring. Metalik lands his diving elbow on Nakamura picking up the win.
5. Big E vs. John Morrison Singles Match
Winner – Big E
Loser – John Morrison
For this match, most of the locker room was present at ringside. Retribution destroys the backstage area and everyone unlucky enough to still be backstage. Everyone runs to the back to find Retribution. Back in the ring, Big E. rolls up John Morrison. Morrison kicks out but Big E. locks him in the Stretch Muffler. Morrison taps out. After the match when Big E was leaving, Sheamus comes and hits him with a Brogue Kick.
WWE SmackDown 15 August 2020 All Segments Updates
1. Backstage, John Morrison blames Big E for sending a tweet regarding what just happened with Retribution. King Corbin walks in and says everyone should follow him as Big E is fragille. The whole SD locker room weas present and Big E gives a speech to rally the troops. Sheamus says that Big E is alone and afraid as Retribution will never attack him during his match.
2. Sasha Banks and Bayley comes down to the ring and they started complaining about having to defend their titles at SummerSlam. Banks says that they don’t care about it as tonight is all about Bayley. Then they say that even a McMahon cannot hold them down and now they are also taking over the ring announcer job. They started making fun of all the triple brand battle royale competitors one by one. Asuka comes down to the ring and attacked them both after which all the Battle Royale competitors comes down to the ring.
3. Backstage Sasha Banks says that Bayley has not been able to beat Asuka then Bayley responds that Asuka won on Monday but there was nothing on the line. Banks stares at Bayley then Asuka attacked them both from behind.
4. Mandy Rose challenges Sonya Deville to a Hair vs Haair match at SummerSlam 2020
5. Sheamus tells the security guards to relax and go get a beer as the Retribution won’t attack him during his match
6. Backstage; Nikki Cross says sorrry to Alexa Bliss for pushing her and leaving her alone in the ring a couple of weeks back. Cross advices Bliss to leave the arena to avoid Fiend then Bliss says she can’t as she needs to talk to Braun Strowman.
7. AJ Styles comes down to the ring with Joseph Park (Abyss) Styles has a chart set up in the ring and there were some statistics through which he proves that he is the number 1 and he named the system ‘Phenomenal Intercontinental Statistics System’ Styles pulls down the curtain and says that there is no one listed but if you work really hard then you will get a shot at his IC Title. Jeff Hardy comes down to the ring and challenges Styles to a title match after which he hits him with a Twist of Fate and writes his name on the whiteboard.
8. Backstage, Lucha House Party steals the tag team titles from Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura.
9. Backstage, AJ Styles says if Jeff Hardy wants a piece of him he will get it. Styles says if you mess with him, you will get erased. Styles tries to erase Jeff Hardy’s name but it did not rub off. Styles yells at Joseph Park forcing permanent marker. Park apologizes.
10. Backstage, the bro Matt Riddle says he has tried everything to get King Corbin in the ring. Shorty G walks in and says he has a family and that money could have gone a long way. Shorty G is sick over what he did. Shorty G apologizes to Riddle. Riddle says whenever Shorty G wants a match he can have it. King Corbin attacks Riddle from behind. Corbin thanks Shorty G. Shorty G looks shocked.
11. During a backstage interview, Alexa Bliss says that she knows Braun Strowman very well and the old Stroman was a funny, witty, and a good friend. They became best friends. When asked if their relationship would ever be more than a friendship, Bliss says maybe. Bliss says being in The Fiend’s presence is scary and compelling. Bliss says she now knows what it means to be a moth to a flame. When asked how Strowman’s comments last week made her feel, Bliss pouts and doesn’t answer.
12. Sonya Deville accepts Mandy Rose’s challenge for a Hair vs Hair match at SummerSlam 2020
13. Braun Strowman enters the ring for the final segment of the night and says he told The Fiend that he was going to emerge from the swamp as the most evil son of a bitch you have ever seen. Strowman wants The Fiend out here right now. Bliss power walks down to the ring. Bliss says she cares too much about Strowman to let him do this. Strowman says he doesn’t give a damn about Bliss. Bliss just used him. Strowman says everyone who comes in contact with The Fiend changes, including Bliss. Strowman says he wants the Fiend. Bliss says if she can’t talk some sense into him, she will slap some sense into him. Bliss unloads on Strowman with slap after slap. Strowman picks up Bliss for a press slam. The Fiends music cuts in and out. Strowman launches Bliss into the air and the lights cut off. When they come on, The Fiend was in the ring. Bliss was out on the mat. Strowman was on the ‘tron, laughing and the Fiend laughs along.