India media journalist and news anchor Sudhir Chaudhary recently joined India Today Group after quitting ZEE News Channel earlier in July 2022. There were rumours that Sudhir will start his own venture after quitting ZEE Media just like Arnab Goswami started Republic Media Network after quitting Times Now. People are quite excited to see this new innings of Sudhir and also it will be very interesting to see him collaborating with the likes of Anjana Om Kashyap, Sweta Singh, and Rajdeep Sirdesai on Aaj Tak channel.
Who is Sudhir Chaudhary? Full information about Indian news anchor?
Sudhir Chaudhary is an Indian TV journalist and media personality currently working under India Today Group as a news anchor at Hindi news channel Aaj Tak. He is from Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana, India and formerly he was the editor-in-chief & CEO of Zee News and his prime-time show DNA (Daily News & Analysis) was very popular amongst the fans.
What is the real age of Sudhir Chaudhary? How old is he :
Sudhir Chaudhary was born on 7 June 1974 and as of July 2022, he is 48 Years old.
Is Sudhir Chaudhary Single or Married?
As of July 2022, Sudhir Chaudhary is married to a woman.
Who is the wife of Sudhir Chaudhary?
Sudhir Chaudhary wife name is Niti Chaudhary.
What is the Educational Qualification of Sudhir Chaudhary?
Sudhir Chaudhary completed his school education from a local school in Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana, India. After schooling, he got graduated from Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, New Delhi, India. He did post graduation from University of Delhi, Delhi, India and after that he studied journalism at Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi, India.
Unknown Facts and Hidden Secrets of Sudhir Chaudhary :
- Before becoming a journalist, Sudhir Chaudhary tried to crack Civil Services Examination but even after three attempts at the interview, he failed to crack the UPSC CSE.
- Apart from Aaj Tak, and ZEE News channels, Sudhir Chaudhary has also worked in the past at Sahara Samay, India TV, WION, Zee Business, Zee 24 Taas News channels.
- Sudhir Chaudhary has been working in the television news industry since the 1990s and he belongs to the first generation of television journalists.
- Sudhir Chaudhary was in the squad of journalists which has covered the Vajpayee–Musharraf Indo-Pak meeting at Islamabad, after the 2001 Indian Parliament attack.
- Sudhir Chaudhary was instrumental in the launch of Sahara Samay, the Hindi-language news channel of the Sahara group.
- In 2003, Sudhir Chaudhary left ZEE News Channel but then he rejoined the channel in 2012 and once again in July 2022, he left ZEE News channel as the Editor-in-Chief and CEO.
- In 2013, Sundhir Chaudhary won a Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in the “Hindi broadcast” category. He won the award for his interview with the friend of the Delhi December 16 gang-rape victim.
List of controversies featuring Sudhir Chaudhary :
- In November 2012, Sudhir Chaudhary and his colleague Sameer Ahluwalia were arrested on allegations of extortion after well renowned businessman Naveen Jindal accused that the two journalists had tried to extort ₹100 Crore worth of advertisements from his company in exchange for dropping stories that linked the Jindal Group with the Coalgate scam. Both the journalists were sent to 14-day judicial custody in Tihar Jail but later they got released on bail. In July 2018, the Jindal Group wrote to the investigating agencies saying that a settlement had been reached, and requested them to withdraw the allegations against the journalists and close the case; on the same day, charges of bribery were filed against Jindal and others related to the case.
- In July 2019, Sudhir Chaudhary accused Trinamool MP Mahua Moitra of plagiarising speech of Truman Longman pointing out early signs of fascism in India while both Longman and Moitra later denied plagiarising the speech. Mahua Moitra filed criminal defamation case against Sudhir Chaudhary after which Chaudhary on his daily prime time show accepted that only a part of Mahua Moitra’s speech was broadcast and showed his regrets. Zee Media also filed a defamation case against her for calling it ‘chor’ and ‘paid’ news.
- On 10 April 2020, on Zee News, Sudhir Chaudhary (according to Al Jazeera) openly accused Muslims of impeding India’s coronavirus war. Chaudhary said on his show DNA that the “Tablighi Jamaat betrayed the nation.”
- In May 2020, Kerala Police filed a first information report against Sudhir Chaudhary for his March 11, 2020 broadcast of DNA, in which Chaudhary discusses the “types of jihads”, which were criticized as Islamophobic.
- In 2015, Sudhir Chaudhary got X-category security after allegations that someone had threatened to murder Chaudhary.
- In 2020, Zee News claimed that China had been monitoring Sudhir Chaudhary.
Family of Sudhir Chaudhary – Parents and Brother & Sister Names and Details :
Sudhir Chaudhary belongs to a Hindu-Jat family and his family lives in Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana, India. Unfortunately we don’t have any scoop on the names of his parents and siblings at the moment.
Children of Sudhir Chaudhary – Son and Daughter Names :
Sudhir Chaudhary the father of one children. He has a son but unfortunately his name is not yet known.
Favourite things and hobbies of Sudhir Chaudhary :
|Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar
Contact Details and Social Media Id’s of Sudhir Chaudhary :
Full Biography of Sudhir Chaudhary :
|48 Years Old
|Date of Birth
|7 June 1974
|Place of Birth
|Sondhad, Hodal, Haryana, India
|News Anchor and Journalist
|DNA – Daily News & Analysis on ZEE News
Physical Stats and Body Measurements of Sudhir Chaudhary :
|5 Feet 8 Inches, 172 Centimetres
|71 KG, 156 lbs