The Fiend puts Alexa Bliss in the mandable claw in a shocking ending of todays SmackDown show also Shorty G makes a surprise heel turn and teams up with King Corbin. Lacey Evans and Naomi had another go at each other in a short match full of botches. AJ Styles defends his IC Title against Gran Metalik while Sonya Deville cuts Mandy Rose hair backstage and gave her a vicious beatdown. Big E starts his run as a singles competitor as he faces The Miz in singles match and Nikki Cross faces Bayley in the main event for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
WWE SmackDown 1 August 2020 Winners and Losers
1. AJ Styles (c) vs. Gran Metalik (with Lince Dorado) WWE Intercontinental Championship
Winner– AJ Styles
Loser– Gran Metalik
Gran Metalik nearly steals the win with a roll-up. A spinning DDT earns Metalik a two count. A dropkick off the ropes earns Metalik another two count. Metalik tweaks his knee and AJ Styles floors Metalik with a flurry of strikes and a clothesline. Metalik dodges a Phenomenal Forearm and rocks Styles with a kick to the head. Styles chop-blocks Metalik in mid-air. Styles puts Metalik in the Calf Crusher and Metalik taps out. Lince Dorado checks on Metalik, and Styles attacks him from behind. The champion plants Dorado with a Styles Clash.
2. King Corbin vs. Drew Gulak Singles Match
Winner – King Corbin
Loser – Drew Gulak
Drew locks King Corbin in a crossface. Corbin reaches the ropes. Gulak hits a few dropkicks and a diving clothesline. Corbin plants Gulak with a Deep Six. Matt Riddle walks to the stage and distracts Corbin. Gulak rolls him up for a two count. Corbin hits End of Days for the win. Matt Riddle attacks Corbin and rocks him with a knee to the face. Shorty G suplexes Riddle from behind. He looks at a smiling Corbin and gestures that he wants the money.
3. Big E vs. The Miz (with John Morrison) Singles Match
Winner – Big E
Losers – The Miz
The Miz nails Big E with a knee to the face. John Morrison rocks Big E with a kick to the face, and Miz hits a Skull Crushing Finale, but Big E kicks out. Big E escapes the Figure-Four. The referee ejects Morrison from ringside. Big E rolls Miz up for a two count. Miz taps out to the Stretch Muffler.
4. Lacey Evans vs Naomi Singles Match
Winner – Naomi
Loser – Lacey Evans
Lacey Evans slams Naomi face-first into the ring post. Evans continues to dominate by throwing Naomi hair-first across the ring. Naomi rallies and hits a sunset flip on the outside. Naomi counters the Woman’s Right into a backslide for the three count. Evans yells at Corey Graves, frustrated about her loss and Graves says that don’t worry I will start a hashtag Lacey Deserves Better.
5. Bayley (c) (with Sasha Banks) vs. Nikki Cross (with Alexa Bliss) WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
Winner – Bayley
Loser – Nikki Cross
Alexa Bliss stops Sasha Banks from interfering. Bayley nearly gets a three count by rolling though a crossbody. A backslide earns Nikki Cross a two count. Bayley plants Cross face-first into the canvas for the win. After the match, Bliss comforts a clearly frustrated Cross. Cross pushes Bliss away, then shoves her down and walks away. The lights go out and the lights turn red; the Fiend was behind Bliss. He paces around her and kneels next to her. The Fiend moves his hand toward Bliss’ face and locks her in the Mandible Claw.
WWE SmackDown 1 August 2020 All Segments Updates
1. Backstage, Bayley says the era of Sasha Banks and Bayley will continue tonight when she beats Nikki Cross. Elsewhere, Cross, with Alexa Bliss by her side, vows to knock Bayley off her high horse. Big E says Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods are with him in spirit. The Miz and John Morrison laughs off the idea of Big E being successful on his own. Lacey Evans says she’ll give Naomi the beating she deserves. Naomi says she’s going to beat Evans senseless. AJ Styles says SmackDown is the house that AJ Styles built, and he’ll prove why that’s the case tonight against Gran Metalik.
2. At Firefly Funhouse: Bray Wyatt says he was searching for Braun Strowman in the swamp. He says part of Strowman will always be trapped in the swamp. “I never wanted to hurt Braun Strowman,” Wyatt says. He said he only wanted to help him. Wyatt says The Fiend is awake, and he wants something Braun has. Until he gets what he wants, nobody is safe.
3. Backstage, King Corbin tells Shorty G he could have had that title match. He says G should have all the opportunities Matt Riddle is getting. Corbin reminds him anyone who wants to prove Riddle doesn’t belong on SmackDown can have the king’s ransom.
4. Jeff Hardy enters the ring and says that he feels good because the last few months with Sheamus have been tough. He says the whole feud reminded him of how bad his demons can be. Hardy says he knows he’s on the right path after he defeated Sheamus. Hardy says he’s grateful that he can still perform in front of the fans and that his family and friends have made him stronger. He says he never wants to let anyone down again. He says he’s grateful to be alive and well. King Corbin interrupts and says he’s tired of hearing about Hardy’s sobriety. Corbin says Hardy is whining about his recovery. “Your life…it sucks,” Corbin says. Corbin says he feels like he’s losing his mind. “My kingdom is turning into an insane asylum,” Corbin says. Hardy says the real problem might be Corbin. The king says he’s disappointed in Hardy. Corbin continues to insult Hardy’s recovery and Drew Gulak attacks the king from behind.
5. Backstage, Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura drinks some champagne and toast their recent success. Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik crash the party, but Cesaro says the celebration is for champions only. He and Nakamura mock Dorado and Metalik.
6. Backstage, Sheamus said he made a mistake when he agreed to fight Jeff Hardy in a bar because it gave Hardy home-field advantage. Sheamus says he knew he was fighting a power greater than himself. “I knew he was fueled by alcohol,” said Sheamus. The Celtic Warrior says he was fighting Hardy and his “life-long partner, alcohol.” Sheamus says he’s not worried about pushing Jeff toward drinking anymore. “Jeff Hardy is not my problem anymore, and that’s bad news for the SmackDown locker room,” says Sheamus.
7. Backstage, Mandy Rose says she and Otis haven’t had a proper date in a while, so she booked them a date at Otis’ favorite barbecue restaurant. Rose says she wanted to surprise Otis with a peach sundae, covered in whipped cream and chocolate syrup. They split up, and Sonya Deville emerges from the shadows once they leave. Rose is putting on some makeup and Deville attacks her from behind. Deville trash-talks her and cuts some of her hair off. Deville vows to ruin Rose’s life and leaves her bloodied. Deville gets an electric shaver and tries to shave Rose, but officials stop her. Kayla Braxton provides an update backstage and Miz and Morrison crack some jokes about Rose losing her hair. Tucker tells them to leave.