On todays SmackDown episode the best friends duo of Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss fought against each other for a opportunity to challenge Bayley for SmackDown Women’s Championship next week. Matt Riddle calls out King Corbin after competing against Tony Nese in singles battle. Gran Metalik emerges as the new no. 1 contender for the IC Title also Naomi embarrassed Lacey Evans yet again. In the main event Jeff Hardy faces Sheamus in a Bar Fight.
WWE SmackDown 25 July 2020 Winners and Losers
1. Nikki Cross vs. Alexa Bliss No. 1 Contender Match for SmackDown Women’s Championship
Winner– Nikki Cross
Loser– Alexa Bliss
Alexa Bliss hits the code red on Nikki Cross for a near fall. Cross fires up and hits a reverse DDT for a near fall. Cross misses a crossbody off the top. Bliss moves. Cross clutches as her ribs. As the referee checks on Cross. Cross surprises Bliss with a roll-up for the win!. Nikki Cross will face Bayley next week for SmackDown Women’s Championship
2. Matt Riddle vs. Tony Nese Singles Match
Winner – Matt Riddle
Loser – Tony Nese
Matt Riddle hits the broton on Tony Nese. Nese responds with the double jump moonsault. Nese gets a two count. Riddle fires up and almost hits BroDerek. Riddle does manage to hit a suplex. Riddle lands BroDerek for the win. After the match, Riddle calls out King Corbin. Corbin walks out on the stage. Corbin says Riddle doesn’t belong here. Corbin suggests Riddle go back to NXT or 205 live so he can be a top guy. Corbin puts a king’s ransom on Riddle’s head. Corbin will give it to anyone who can prove Riddle doesn’t belong on SmackDown. Riddle says Corbin is going to end up on the Bro-Show. Nese tries to attack Riddle from behind but Riddle levels him with a head kick.
3. Lince Dorado vs. Gran Metalik vs. Shorty G vs. Drew Gulak Fatal 4 Way No. 1 Contender Match for IC Championship
Winner – Gran Metalik
Losers – Lince Dorado, Shorty G and Drew Gulak
Before the start of this match, AJ Styles came and joined the commentary desk team. Shorty G German suplexes Lince Dorado off the top rope. Dorado sails out of the other side of the ring. Gran Metalik surprises Shorty G with a rope walk elbow on Shorty G for the win. After the match, Styles offers Metalik a handshake. Styles slaps Metalik. Metalik knocks Styles out of the ring. Gran Metalik will face AJ Styles next week for the IC Title.
4. Sheamus vs Jeff Hardy Bar Fight
Winner – Jeff Hardy
Loser – Sheamus
Sheamus hits Jeff Hardy with a chair. Sheamus says sweet dreams, fella before testing his hat on Hardy’s face. Sheamus walks over to the bar and drinks a pint. Sheamus tells the referee to get ready, Sheamus takes the hat off Hardy face. Hardy has white face paint on and his eyes are all white. Hardy hits Sheamus in the head with a glass. Hardy climbs the ladder and hits the Swanton for the win. Hardy takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. Hardy exhales and opens his eyes. They were back to normal.
WWE SmackDown 25 July 2020 All Segments Updates
1. Sasha Banks and Bayley entered the ring and says that they are the new definition of greatness. They don’t talk the talk, they walk it. Bayley says we have no idea how hard it is to carry all this gold. The evolution of the Women’s Divison started with them and it will end with them. Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss interrupt. Cross is livid that she was cheated out of the SmackDown Women’s title. All Cross has to show for it is cracked ribs. Cross wants a title shot now. Bayley says she will give Cross a title shot if she faces Bliss tonight. Whoever wins, gets a shot at Bayley next week. Bliss doesn’t want to do it. Cross says they have to. Cross pushes Bliss down and stomps to the ring. Bliss looks shocked.
2. Backstage, Alexa Bliss gives Nikki Cross a bottle of water and admits she got one over on her. Bliss says last week Cross said she doesn’t get the same opportunities that Bliss does but tonight Cross earned it.
3. At Firefly Funhouse, Bray Wyatt says family reunions warm his soul. Braun Strowman came back home. Yay! The Bray Wyatt head lantern starts talking to Wyatt. Wyatt says he can’t let him out. He had his chance. He has come back. Images of the Fiend appear on the screen.
4. At MIZ TV segment, Miz says he knows that staying on top of trends online even if he doesn’t get it. John Morrison promotes his “More Morrison” hashtag. Morrison makes fun of Seth Rollins by introducing his Seth Vomit Scale. Miz introduces his guest Naomi. Miz and Morrison “dance” to Naomi’s theme. Miz says that in a loss Naomi trended instead of the winner Lacey Evans. Miz says he doesn’t understand why Naomi is trending and she keeps loosing. Naomi says they are making her sick. Miz and Morrison ask how sick. They give it six Seth Rollins vomits. Naomi says her fans support her because she gives it her all. Morrison apologizes because it’s about to get worst. Miz introduces their other guest, Lacey Evans. Evans says Naomi has been here for so long but has nothing to show for it. As Evans is putting on her lipstick Naomi attacks her. Evans slinks away, embarrassed.
5. Backstage, Big E. was waiting for Kofi Kingston. Kingston leaves the trainer’s room and tells Big E. that he is going to be out for six weeks or more. Kingston tells Big E. that this may be the universe telling them something. Maybe it’s time for Big E. to shine. Big E. is none committal. Kingston tells Big E. that he has spoken to Xavier Woods and they want this for Big E. It’s his time. Big E. and Kingston hugs.
6. Backstage, Shinsuke Nakamura says it felt good making Kingston go splat. Cesaro says the only thing he regrets is not putting Big E. through a table.