During todays RAW episode WWE introduced RAW Underground, a new shoot fight UFC style show also Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan came together once again thanks to Kevin Owens. Dominik Mysterio confronted Seth Rollins again and their match for Summerslam 2020 is now official. Nia Jax has been suspended indefinitely with no pay also the Hurt Business invades RAW Underground. Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton had a back and forth in a promo segment.
WWE RAW 4 August 2020 Winners and Losers
1. Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP (with Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Lashley) WWE United States Championship Match
Winner – Apollo Crews
Loser – MVP
MVP gains control of the match and grounds Apollo Crews. He targets Crews’ neck and drops Crews with a suplex. MVP drills Crews with several elbows, but Crews rocks him with a kick. A crossbody gives Crews some momentum, and a spinebuster earns him a two count. The champion rolls out of a German suplex and hits a toss powerbomb for the win. After the match, Crews escapes an attack from Bobby Lashley and raises both WWE United States Championship belts. Backstage, he says seeing MVP call himself the champion hurt. Crews said he’s going to hang the old title in his kids’ bedroom so they can see the first title their dad won in the WWE. At ringside, MVP yells at the announcers and says the lights created an unsafe work environment. He said Crews should be ashamed of himself. MVP said he doesn’t care about Crews’ family; he just wants a rematch at SummerSlam.
2. The IIconics vs. Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan Tag Team Match
Winners – Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan
Losers – The IIconics
The IIconics take control early on and ground Ruby Riott. Peyton Royce pulls Riott to the mat by her hair and double-teams her with Billie Kay. Riott rallies with a superkick and tags Liv Morgan, who instantly gains the upper hand. She hits a missile dropkick for a two count. Kay tags in but Morgan rolls her up for the win. The IIconics attack Morgan after the match, but Riott saves her partner. Riott and Morgan double-team Kay and leave the ring together.
3. Shelton Benjamin (c) (with Bobby Lashley and MVP) vs. Akira Tozawa vs. R-Truth Triple Threat Match for WWE 24/7 Championship
Winner – Akira Tozawa
Losers – R-Truth and Shelton Benjamin
Bobby Lashley violently throws Mustafa Ali into the ring post and into the barricade. MVP talks some trash to the fallen Ali. Lashley rolls Ali back into the ring and gets a two count. The Almighty grounds Ali and hits him with a Flatliner for a two count. Ali reverses the Dominator and rocks Lashley with a kick. A satellite DDT gives Ali some breathing room. Lashley dodges a 450 Splash and makes Ali tap out to the Full Nelson. Lashley, MVP and Shelton Benjamin stand tall after the match.
4. Shaynza Baszler vs. Sasha Banks (with Bayley) Singles Match
Winner – No Contest
Loser – No Contest
Shayna Baszler steps on Sasha Banks hand, but the RAW Women’s Champion rolls her up and almost locks in the Bank Statement. Baszler escapes and the competitors trade stiff kicks. Asuka attacks Bayley at ringside and the referee calls for the bell. Sasha Banks runs away from Asuka. In the ring, Asuka says Kairi Sane isn’t here, but Sasha Banks and Bayley are, so she wants a rematch. Asuka challenges Banks to a rematch for the WWE RAW Women’s Championship at WWE SummerSlam. Shaynza Baszler says she wants Asuka to win the title back from Banks, and she’ll be cheering the whole time. Baszler says she can’t wait to dismember Asuka and take the title from her. Banks returns to the stage, with Bayley by her side. Banks says the title is hers, and she’ll give Asuka a rematch if she can beat Bayley next week.
5. Angelo Dawkins (with Montez Ford) vs. Angel Garza (with Andrade and Zelina Vega) Singles Match
Winner – Angel Garza
Loser – Angelo Dawkins
Angel Garza goes shoulder-first into the ring post when Dawkins dodges him. Dawkins pounces Garza into the barricade. Dawkins flattens Garza with a flapjack. With a dropkick, Dawkins continues to dominate. The camera pans to Demi Burnett watching the match backstage. Garza hits a dropkick and goes for the Wingclipper, but Dawkins drills him with a right hand. Montez Ford falls over at ringside, and the distraction allows Garza to rock Dawkins with a superkick. Garza pins Dawkins with a kick to the face. After the match, Dawkins tends to Ford at ringside.
6. Andrade vs Montez Ford Singles Mtch
Winner – Andrade
Loser – Montez Ford
The match began during a commercial break. Ford uses his athleticism to gain the upper hand when the two competitors exchange technical holds. Andrade takes control with a chop and some knees to the mid-section. He sends Ford out of the ring, but Ford whips Andrade into the barricade. Andrade drills Ford with a forearm shot. A suplex earns Andrade a two count. Andrade grounds Ford again, but Ford rallies with two clotheslines. A dropkick sends Andrade crashing to the floor. Ford dives onto Andrade outside. But Ford collapses in the ring, and the referee calls for the bell. Medical officials tend to Ford.
WWE RAW 4 August 2020 All Segments Updates
1. Backstage, Sasha Banks and Bayley said they decided to spice things up; they’ve created a special video package that highlights their recent success. Asuka interrupts the video and says revenge will be very sweet. Shayna Baszler confronts the champions and says Banks “snaked” her way to the title. Baszler punches Banks and knocks her down.
2. Backstage, Kevin Owens bumps into the IIconics. They ask him if they can be on the KO Show. Owens says he loves Australia but he already has a guest.
3. At Kevin Owens Show, Owens welcomes fans to the show and says a lot of interesting things are happening tonight. He says he wants to address an ongoing issue that involves Ruby Riott. She says she had pretty bad luck before she beat Peyton Royce. Riott calls the IIconics “toxic, sad broads.” She said she got to shut the IIconics up, but she wants to celebrate with Liv Morgan. Owens brings Morgan out as his next guest. Morgan slowly makes her way into the ring, and she says she’s here to listen to what Riott has to say. Owens says the two of them are great on their own, but they’re better together. Owens tells Morgan it’s worth hearing Riott out. Riott says she thought everything would be the same when she came back, but she was wrong. She says Morgan was thriving on her own, and that hurt. Riott says she realized that Morgan doesn’t need her, and she wasn’t ready for that realization. She says it was wrong of her to take that frustration out on Morgan. Riott says the day the Riott Squad debuted changed her life forever, so she’s asking for a second chance for the Riott Squad. The IIconics interrupt the show and say no one cares. Billie Kay says she’s tired of hearing about Riott’s emotional win over Royce. Royce says she and Kay have dominated, and they will always be better than Riott and Morgan. Morgan says they’re right; the two of them aren’t IIconic. But Morgan says no one starts a riot better than they do. Royce slaps Owens when he asks for their microphones to stop working, and Kay slaps him too. Owens asks Riott and Morgan for help, and they attack the IIconics.
4. Backstage, Charly Caruso reports on how some large boxes fell over backstage, which caused the lights to flicker earlier. She says rumor has it that the incident wasn’t an accident. MVP interrupts her, but she tells him that Crews has accepted his challenge for WWE SummerSlam. Shelton Benjamin tells him that someone stole his WWE 24/7 Championship, and the two men go off to find it.
5. Drew McIntyre enters the ring and the WWE Champion says Randy Orton has always preyed on vulnerability. He says the Viper is the kind of man who attacks people from behind. McIntyre says he’ll never let Orton do that to him again. McIntyre says he knows Orton is motivated to take his WWE Championship. McIntyre compares himself to Orton; they’ve both been the chosen one. The WWE Champion says being a wrestler wasn’t Orton’s plan A; he’s not the one who dreamed of being a WWE wrestler when he was a kid because the opportunity was handed to him. McIntyre says Orton’s early accomplishments were fed to him on a silver spoon. McIntyre said he never had the protection Orton had when he was in Evolution. The Scottish Psychopath says Orton should have been fired for his mistakes. Randy Orton, with Ric Flair by his side, interrupts the champion. He says he’s here because he wants to be here because he enjoys hitting RKOs and punting heads. Orton says he appreciates the fight in McIntyre, which is why he can’t wait to take the title from McIntyre. The Viper says he should have been fired, but he wasn’t, unlike McIntyre. Orton says he’s been given so many chances because he has been and will always be the chosen one. Orton dares McIntyre to come up with an opinion about the Viper all by himself. McIntyre lays down his title and says he thinks he represents everything that is wrong with WWE. He says Orton’s opinion about Undertaker bringing Orton to his level was interesting. McIntyre wonders how many times Orton has pulled anyone up to his level or helped any younger star. The champion reminds Orton of when the Viper walked past him in catering ten years ago and refused to help him. McIntyre said he only sees a selfish prick when he looks at Orton. The Scottish Psychopath wants to get some revenge for everyone Orton has wronged. He vows to rip off Orton’s head and he will see it coming.
6. Backstage, Ric Flair talks to Kevin Owens. He says Owens is always too worried about helping other people. Owens says he’s not a guidance councilor; he just wanted to help his friends avoid the same mistakes he’s made. Owens says he’s trying to be what Randy Orton could be if he wanted to be. Flair says he has some advice for Owens; he should mind his own business and worry about himself. Owens says he’ll show Flair what kind of fight he has because he wants to face Orton next week.
7. Nia Jax enters the ring and says she wants to own up for her actions last week, when she assaulted Buck. She says she knows people idolize her, so when a runt from WWE management gets in her face, she’ll fight back. Jax refuses to apologize, but she offers Buck the chance to face her in a match. Buck says he’s only there for an apology, and Jax says she’ll get it after their match. She offers to take it slow. Jax continues to disrespect Buck. He says Jax is suspended indefinitely. Jax attacks Buck again and kicks him out of the ring.
8. Shelton Benjamin, Akira Tozawa and several ninjas chase R-Truth, carrying the WWE 24/7 Championship, to the ring.
9. Backstage, Shane McMahon announces that RAW Underground will premiere at 10:00 EST tonight. Behind him, two men were fighting and strippers dancing around in what looks like a basement.
10. Backstage, Dominik Mysterio says he keeps fighting Seth Rollins because his mind hasn’t been in the right place after he watched Rollins blind his father. Mysterio said everyone will really think he’s crazy when he challenges Rollins to a match at WWE SummerSlam.
11. Backstage, Angel Garza gives a rose to Demi Burnett from The Bachelor. Zelina Vega tells him to focus on his match.
12. In a warehouse-like building, Shane McMahon welcomes everyone to RAW Underground. He introduces the next contest. One of the competitors, DABBA-KATO, a big man wearing a tank top, dominates his opponent in less than a minute. Someone in the crowd steps into the ring for the next match, but the big man dominates this opponent, too. Some scantily dressed women dance nearby.
13. The Street Profits come to the ring. Angelo Dawkins says Demi Burnett needs a rose from him, but Montez Ford tells him to focus. Ford says, at WWE SummerSlam, their bond will make all the difference when they face Angel Garza and Andrade. Ford says they’re done playing nice because they want the smoke.
14. Backstage, Seth Rollins tells Murphy he made the right decision when he attacked Aleister Black. Rollins says it’s time to focus on the future. Murphy asks Rollins about Dominik Mysterio’s challenge and calls it ridiculous. Rollins smirks and walks away.
15. At RAW Underground, Erik of the Viking Raiders fights a competitor and dominates with a flurry of stiff strikes. Erik’s nasty knee to the face wins him the fight.
16. Backstage, Charly Caruso says she doesn’t have an update on Montez Ford. Angel Garza flirts with her. Zelina Vega says she and her associates are concerned about Ford. Angelo Dawkins says the doctor thinks Ford may have been poisoned. Bianca Belair confronts Vega and asks her what happened to Ford. She says Vega was responsible for his poisoning. Vega and Belair brawl and their respective allies break up the fight.
17. In a video from earlier, a group of hooded individuals light some equipment on fire.
18. Backstage, the Hurt Business address their unsuccessful night. They point to all the insanity that’s been going on tonight. MVP says they’ve been sabotaged tonight. Benjamin blames RAW Underground. MVP has an idea, and he leads his associates away.
19. Seth Rollins enters the ring and says that he and Murphy have some housekeeping to tend to. Rollins asks Tom Phillips a few questions; he wonders if Phillips considers himself a professional, unbiased journalist. He asks Phillips if he takes pride in his work. The Monday Night Messiah asks Phillips what he was doing when Dominik Mysterio attacked him; he says Phillips was cheering Dominik on. Rollins says Phillips is the voice of Monday Night RAW, so he’s part of the greater good. Rollins says Phillips influences what people think, so it’s his job to be unbiased. Rollins says that if Phillips is doing a poor job, he’s a liability, so it’s time to find a new voice of RAW. The Monday Night Messiah orders Murphy to attack Phillips, but Samoa Joe stops him. Joe offers to beat Murphy up if Rollins doesn’t back off. Joe says he was laughing at Rollins last week. Rollins tells Joe he doesn’t want to do this, but Joe says he does. Joe confronts Rollins and Murphy, and Rollins challenges him to a fight. Rollins and Murphy get chairs, but Dominik Mysterio attacks them with a kendo stick. Mysterio takes Rollins down and hits a 619. He dives onto Murphy and Rollins. Rollins says he’s had enough of Mysterio, so he accepts Mysterio’s challenge to a match at WWE SummerSlam.
20. Dolph Ziggler fights is competitor and drills him with elbows. Ziggler wins when he chokes his opponent out. The Hurt Business arrives, and MVP grabs a microphone. He says RAW Underground is under new management. He says the Hurt Business came to fight. Bobby Lashley steps in the ring and dominates one of the men at ringside. MVP steps into the ring and beats up a helpless fan. Shelton Benjamin gets in on the action and beats up a competitor. The Hurt Business attacks other people at ringside. Shane McMahon says they proved their point. MVP says business is booming.