In the latest weekly episode of AEW Dynamite, MJF gifts fancy jackets to Inner Circle after which Chris Jercho offers him once again to join the faction. Britt Baker faces Red Velvet in singles match, Cody Rhodes accepts Brodie Lee’s challenge to a Dog Collar match and In the main event, The Butcher and Jon Moxley went head to head in singles battle.
AEW Dynamite 1 October 2020 Winners and Losers
1. Ricky Starks vs. Darby Allin Singles Match
Winner – Darby Allin
Loser – Ricky Starks
Ricky Starks slaps Darby Allin hard at the start of the match and Allin returns the favor with a dropkick that sends Starks out of the ring. Ricky quickly gets up and goes for a spear but Darby catches him in a front chancery. Darby hold Starks’ arm and flips him. Fujiwa armbar. Both of them battle it out on the apron and Darby suplexs Starks flush. Darby topes onto Ricky and has the arm of Absolute, but out comes Brian Cage. Willie Hobbs comes out and the two brawl to the back. This allows Starks to arm whip Allin off the apron. Starks secures offense in the ring. A double boot by Darby tries to thwart it, but Starks cinches in a single leg crab. Sidewalk slam followed by a pin but Kickout. Ricky drives the knee and another Pin attempt and another two count. Starks went for his Roshambeaux, but Darby does a rolling sunset flip bomb for a near fall.
Darby Allin hones in on Ricky Starks wrist. Another fujiwa by Darby. He gets both of Ricky’s arms, but Starks slithers to the bottom rope just enough to break. Both of them were on their knees and they start trading shots back and forth. Starks catches Darby flush with his spear after some crazy athleticism by the two and a near fall took place. Starks uses Darby to get to his feet and hoists him on the top turnbuckle. Starks and Darby jock for position and a kick to the face sends Starks down. Darby with Coffin drop on the injured lower back of Starks gets him the win.
2. SCU (Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian w/ Christopher Daniels) vs. FTR (w/ Tully Blanchard) Tag Team Match for AEW World Tag Team Championships
Winners – FTR
Losers – SCU
In the deciding moments of this match, Dax and Cash lift Kaz up for a Doomsday Device but Kaz turns it into a belly-to-belly which resulted in a two count. Sky comes in and gets a flurry of close calls on Cash. Tully tries to interfere. Sky suplexes Cash in the ring with a vert suplex. He goes to do it on the opposite side, but Tully sweeps Sky’s leg and Cash falls on top for a pin attempt. Both Tully and Dax hold onto Sky’s leg picking up the win.
3. Isiah Kassidy (w/ Marq Quen & Matt Hardy) vs. Chris Jericho (w/ Inner Circle) Singles Match
Winner – Chris Jericho
Loser – Isiah Kassidy
Chris Jericho pie faces Isiah Kassidy several times before turning his back to him. He then hammers away at the Demo God and begins pummeling him away. Isiah keeps on top of him and cradles him for a two count.
At the end of this match, Isiah Kassidy hits some forearms but Chris Jericho gets him down for a Lionsault attempt. He gets his knees up. Isiah hits a lionsault which resulted in a two count. Isiah hits a codebreaker and another two count! Isiah leaps off the turnbuckle and out of nowhere Jericho catches him with a Judas Effect picking up the win.
After the match, a brawl took place which ensues Chris Jericho takes a shot at Luther as him and Serpentico gets involved.
4. Dark Order #10 vs. Orange Cassidy Singles Match
Winner – Orange Cassidy
Loser – Dark Order #10
Bell rings. 1o takes Orange’s shades and puts them on Jon Silver. 10 uses his power against Orange that includes a swinging flatliner. One count. Stalling vert suplex. Another one count. 10 maintains control as Dark Order mock the Best Friends. Their attention then gets caught by Orange who dives on top of them. Back in the ring. Orange leaps onto 10 who catches him. Orange turns it into his DDT, then hits an Orange Punch, then his Beach Break finisher for the 1-2-3 win.
5. Britt Baker vs. Red Velvet Singles Match
Winner – Britt Baker
Loser – Red Velvet
Britt Baker maintains control of Red Velvet’s arm and then barbed wires the arms of her foe. Arm wrench and then he slugs Red hard. Velvet goes back with Britt but Baker keeps hold of the arm. Britt back elbows Velvet but she catches the Dr. with a calf kick. Britt soon clotheslines Red down good before posing for the hard cam. Double armhook suplex by Britt. She then boots Red against the ropes and then does it again before choking Velvet on the bottom cable. Sling blade by Baker. Red Velvet roll up for two. Side kick to the face by Britt followed by a fisherman’s neckbreaker. Boot to the side of Velvet’s head gets the three count and Britt Baker wins.
After the match, Britt Baker locks in her lockjaw on Red Velvet to add salt to the wound.
6. The Butcher vs. Jon Moxley (c) Singles Match
Winner – Jon Moxley
Loser – The Butcher
The Butcher dominates Jon Moxley for quite a while with knees and hard chops. Moxley tries some forearms but Butcher lariats him down. Butcher strangles him on the ropes with his leg as we head into the break.
At the end of this match, Butcher stomps aways at Jon Moxley and the two get to their feet. Paradigm Shift! He then locks in the Bulldog Choke and Butcher was forced to submit and Jon Moxley gets the win.
AEW Dynamite 1 October 2020 All Segments Updates
1. Cody Rhodes comes out to the ring. Dasha was also in the ring with him. She asks him how he’s feeling. Cody says Al Snow told him “You’ll always wrestle hurt, never wrestle injured.” Cody questions what if it’s internal within the person? Cody talked about the comradery about shaking hands between wrestling and then he got the call from Hollywood. He says the future stands with AEW’s current title holders. Not him. He states even Brodie Lee. Dasha asks if he accepts Lee’s challenge of a dog collar match. Cody says no he doesn’t then begins to walk off. He turns around and says “No, as in no regrets” followed by a fiery statement that he accepts. Next week. Brodie Lee comes out and so does the Dark Order and so does the locker room. Brandi dives onto top of a crew and Anna Jay and her trade shots. Total chaos.
2. Tony Schiavone tracks down FTR backstage. Cash says they did Best Friends a favor by not giving them a match. They’re backyard specialists. He’s more intrigued by facing SCU. Tony asks about The Young Bucks and Dax says they keep blowing opportunities so they don’t deserve it. Suddenly, Tony Schiavone gets super kicked by Matt Jackson and FTR tell Matt to go after them.
3. Scorpio Sky and Kaz were all game for their match and they guarantee a victory. As they walk to the curtain, there’s Shawn Spears. He wishes them good luck.
4. An eight-man tournament for the number one contendership AEW World Title announced for Full Gear. The three competitors announced were: Rey Fenix, Jungle Boy and Kenny Omega. This flusters Hangman on commentary who promptly exits.
5. Kip and Miro were bonding over their bachelor party plans. Some record breaker (Billy Mitchell? Is he the Donkey Kong guy?) tries to get in on the plans.
6. Backstage, MJF barges into Inner Circle’s dressing room and presents a bunch of jackets to the gang. He doesn’t have one for Sammy Guevara. Sammy doesn’t care and wonders what he’s doing here. Chris appreciates the gifts and asks him again if he wants to join the Inner Circle. Max asks him once more if he wants him to join The Inner Circle. They go back and forth over this before MJF makes his leave with Wardlow. He exits and as he does, Sammy’s about to say “What a loser” before Jericho stops him and says “maybe he’s not” as he drinks a bit of the bubbly.
7. Eddie Kingston gets in the ring with Rey Fenix, Penta and Bryce Remsburg. Eddie says one thing he didn’t do in his title shot last week was submit. He asks Bryce what gave him the balls to ring that bell. Bryce says they go 18 years back and he was unresponsive. It’s his job to protect him from himself. Eddie is all ready to sic The Lucha Brothers on him but out comes Moxley with a barbed wire bat. Eddie tells them to cut the World Champ’s music. He reveals that he’s fighting The Butcher tonight who is right behind Moxley.